Friday, July 16, 2010

Singapore Zoo

was pretty disappointing!
I have been to the Zoo twice before as a teenager and it is one of the best childhood memories I have. I should have just left it at that rather than make everyone flog out to the Zoo on a 12 hour layover in Singers.































It didn't help that everyone was tired and we possibly ate horse or rabbit in our "chicken" burgers at lunch... but still the Zoo looks tired (and nothing in Singapore looks tired ... its vibrant and shiny and organised... on steroids).
The Zoo is expanding and so eventually the original Zoo will be updated (I hope). It was also sad to see some of the animals in smaller enclosures and not clean enough habitats (especially because this was one of the Zoos that pioneered the use of natural barriers like moats and trees to enclose the animals as opposed to cages).

Perhaps if you remember really special places as a child ... don't revisit them with your own kids or horrified (at the conditions) husband ...because when they say stuff like "this is lame" "I'm hot " and "Whoa these monkeys stink" you will want to drop them into the lame stinky and probably hot crocodile pit.

4 comments:

Amanda Gibson said...

Well, at least you got some good pictures of the animals!

BTW - love the new blog look!

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Oh the zoo can be so hard sometimes - my girls love it, then they want to go home :)! The pics look fun!

Me said...

We have not been back to the zoo since a chicken chased my (then) 2 year old who was holding a muffin. Night terrors still occur. Bloody Chooks...........

Nicolee said...

...love how the elephants are Indian...they have this big dot on their forehead....LOL LOL
what a strange this to do to an elephant!!!!!! LOL