Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Angie


I am back in the real world and its brutal... so goodness knows when I will get to bore you rigid with my holiday snaps. More importantly whilst we were away my sister Angela had a birthday and I know she sometimes reads this drivel so I thought I would say Happy Birthday to her via the blogworld.



My big sister Angie and I NEVER fought growing up ... throughout our whole childhood. This was in direct contrast to my middle sister Cath with whom I engaged in bitchy, catty, hair pulling, face slapping and pinching warfare.
I actually can not remember having one argument with Ang... I remember being a complete brat to her ... but not her and I fighting.


Angie had to grow up pretty fast and be responsible beyond her years by looking after her younger sisters. I remember her making our tea and getting us ready for bed when I was 6 or 7 and she was 12.
When I was a teenager (14 or 15) I would go and stay with Angie and she taught me heaps about life... like how to make Chili con carne and how to adore Rick Springfield (Is there a better song to dance to than Jessie's Girl?). I was her bridesmaid and she was mine ... if either of us ever get married again we will do each other a solid and give out no bridesmaids duties :-)
Ang has a high powered career running hospitals now (as well as being a Mum to two funny & charming boys and Partner to Gav) and dispenses all manner off free medical advice to the family ... usually that advice contains the words "harden up".


Angie said a speech at Joel's wedding that was a) off the cuff ... no notes and b) heartwarming poignant and just brilliant... and she managed to capture exactly what my Mum would have said to the happy couple. Cath's speech got us all bawling but I reckon Angie's speech was very special.

So to my darling Sister
I hope your Birthday was happy and that the boys spoilt you like you deserve.
Look out for our lame late card in the post when I resume my normal life.
Big Big Love Babe
Lizziexxxx

3 comments:

brooke said...

First, I'm sorry about having to return to real life--it's the pits.

Angie sounds like a great sister--what a nice tribute--happy birthday to her!

House of Smiths said...

Looks like you've been having a BLAST!
I love all the old pictures... so fun!
~Shelley

PS. You look FAB in your dress and cute necklace!

Nicolee said...

awwwwwww don't think you need to send that card now Liz....no more words need to be said!!!!
how sweet u r ! happy birthday Ange.
hope 'normal' life is being kind to you...mwah