Saturday, March 3, 2012

Joel's 30th Birthday

Being with so many of my family peeps to help celebrate Joel's 30th was so good. I love all these (crappy) pics. 




 Krys organised a fun and happy party for Joel at the wharf ... she worked really hard to bring everyone together and make sure they were fed and watered and then clean up and get the venue ship shape. She did such a great job.
All these pics are crappy - but if you look hard Zach my nephew is sticking his tongue out... its hilarious


 Krys asked Angie, Cath and I to do a speech and Angie came up with the "30 Things about Joel" concept. We tried to make them funny and poignant and I think our speech was a hit. All the speeches were amazing, Joel's mate AJ read a message from a very close mate of Joel's who couldn't make it and there wasn't many dry eyes in the house such is the strong bond of love and friendship Joel and Krys have with their friends. My Uncle Geoff made a cracker of a speech (he was MC at our wedding and his speech's are always very personal and from the heart).

Cath forgot her glasses and had to share Angies :-)



 We each told family and friends 10 things about our baby brother.
 We tried not to embarrass him too much :-)



 Joel spoke brilliantly. He was a little emotional as were we all. I think it meant so much to him that so many mates and friends and family were with him to help him celebrate.






Dave and our friend Warwick... and a pesky balloon

This is at the end of the night... about 1.30am I think. Just waiting for taxi's and having a rest.

The "30 things about Joel" are obviously personal and between him and us but I will write the last part of our speech :

When Joel arrived in our family 30 years ago it was like we had all received the best preset ever. A more loved and wanted baby your couldn't find.

And pretty much throughout the last 30 years that feeling hasn't changed.

Looking around I can see he is loved and admired by lots of his family and friends and I think we all consider him a gift in our lives.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOVELY!

8 comments:

Greg said...

I love how your family obviously loves being together. It is a really cool thing that there is so much love for each other.

Joel seems like he must be great guy to have so many friends and family make such a fuss.

I also thought it was great that you did a "Top 30" for Joel's 30th. That is very appropriate for the blogosphere, because those type of Top __ Lists are very popular!

Tell Joel that I'm sending Happy Birthday wishes from the States!

Elizabeth said...

Greg, My fam is far from perfect ... no that's not right I am far from perfect in being a good sister, sil and daughter!
As I get older I realise that the snippets of time we get to be together are precious and to be treasured and I try not to let my bs get in the way.
Thanks for your lovely comment.
Ex

Angela said...

The best bit was spending time with all the people that I love.
You are way to hard on your self Miss E we may not be perfect but we are the best we can be. Our family is the best.
Love & hugs

The Mostess said...

This is so sweet! I love "30 for 30" and "40 for 40" types of parties and posts. You should share some of the funny tidbits on your blog!

Annie Vowles said...

Great keep sake photos. All looks good to me. How nice to have such loving sisters. He is top bloke too!!

Lauren in GA said...

You look lovely in that striking blue dress.

What a wonderful celebration for your sweet baby brother. I am sure your speech was brilliant.

Amanda Gibson said...

Glad it was a success! And glad your brother had a great 30th birthday party! And glad to see you blogging! ;O)

brooke said...

You look amazing in that blue dress...seriously..out of this world.

Happy happy birthday to Joel..you have a fun family.