Saturday, March 31, 2012

About Me Me Me


Do you read The Tuck Show? You should. Roxanne is a very yummy Mummy with a really great outlook on life and her posts make me stop and think about life in different ways. Run don't walk to check her out.
Roxanne did a post where she answered questions about herself and asked questions of her readers. I wasn't going to post this but my blog is in danger of becoming a monthly recap (that doesn't really captured a lot of what I want to remember) so here goes .... I'm banging on about me. 


  
1) What is you and your significant other's song and why? David and I have very different musical tastes. He loves classical and some 1970's classics (Supertramp anyone?). I don't. So as unromantic as it sounds we don't have a "song" I am even hard pushed to remember what song we dance to at our wedding. But there is a song (or album) that screams David. Paul Simon's Graceland is one of David's faves and when the kids were little he would play really loudly and he and the kids would dance to it. The kids call it Dad's African songs.
 
2) What is your most valued possession? My marriage is my most valued possession (that you can't buy) and materially my most valued possession is my wedding band. For our ten year anniversary David had the emerald ring my Mum gave me and my wedding ring made into a wedding band. It's big and bold and I love the fact that its Mum and David together.

3) What personality traits and/or hobby did you inherit from your father? Hahaha Jacko are you ready for this one? I think my Dad and I have the same sense of humour (pretty dry and witty). Also I think we stress about some of the same (mundane) things. I would have liked to inherit some of his organisational skills and his attention to detail especially when it comes to paperwork. I also think my Dad is compassionate about other people and I would like to think I am too.

4) Do you keep your birthday cards? I cant bare to throw out birthday cards at the time and then years later I find them (stuffed in the back of a cupboard) and cull the ones not from family and my kids.

5) What style is your home decorated in? (Traditional, country, modern, etc.) Our house is a work in progress... I would say its very natural in colour with a blend of country and modern.

6) Describe your dream vacation. I would rent a suite of villas in Bali for a month and have all my family and David's family holiday together. This would be so great for the cousins and I can just imagine how fun the dinners out would be. 

7) If you were an animal, what you would you be and why? No idea! I don't really like animals (bit scared of them) so I don't want to be one. Predators eat you when you are an animal!

8) Do you have any tattoos? Do you want any? I have  a Chinese character at the base of my spine (yes I am a walking cliche). The character supposedly said "Eternity" but no doubt if I ever go to China someone will tell me its says "stupid white person". David has a matching one on his back (very Cath and Kim no?). At one time I wanted another tattoo (an orchid for my Mum my foot) but could take it or leave it now.

9) Do you have a statement piece of jewelry that you wear every day? My wedding band.

10) What is one goal you have set out for yourself right now? To Keep Calm and Carry On. We are having my birthday get together at home with all my fam and David's fam. David has embarked on a massive landscaping project downstairs with only 5 weeks to do it. My goal is to ENJOY my birthday and its lead up ... so far so good.


Now I am suppose to make up ten questions but I really like Roxanne's: so if you are so inclined use them :-)

5 comments:

Greg said...

Elizabeth, thanks for sharing these questions and answers! One of the things I have enjoyed about blogging is meeting some really great people like you!

Also, please feel free to invite our family to your dream vacation in Bali if you have an extra villa! It sounds like the perfect vacay!

Em said...

Your Number 8 made me laugh. And I love that your kids call Paul Simon's music African music of all things. ;) That is a great album.

I loved this post and learning more about you!

Em said...

P.S.--I love this photo of you and Lulu. Especially how she's standing so she can fit under your chin. :)

Lauren in GA said...

Well, I'm late to comment (as always ☺) but I wanted to tell you that I LOVED all of these.

I agree with Em. I smiled when I read that the kids call Paul Simon's Graceland album, "Dad's African songs."

I love that your marriage is your most valued possession...and that David made the emerald ring that your mother gave you and your original wedding ring into a wedding band. It sounds beautiful. If you get a chance will you post a picture?

I have never read The Tuck Show but I agree...Roxanne is GORGEOUS and seems so amazing. I had to lurk around her blog...'cause I'm nosy like that...

Number 8 made me belly laugh. I loved hearing about your, "tramp stamp" as they call it (I hope that wasn't offensive...I know you aren't a tramp, darling.) and I LOVED how you said that if you ever journey to China you are pretty sure that someone will translate it for you and you will discover it means, "stupid white person." I LOVE your humor.

I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

brooke said...

I love what you did with your wedding rin..I would love to see it.

Laughed at what you said about your tattoo!

I might have to steal these questions.