We had 5 (rare) spare minutes so we called into Freedom to test drive some couches.
It really just confirmed what I already knew. David and I have very different ideas and tastes.
See that white monstrosity in the back of the pic? That was David's fave. What the? I think he forgets we live with animals (gorgeous wonderful animals that I wouldn't trade for anything... but still animals).
Lucy went to a friends house so I made the boys take me to the movies. Only one boy was happy about it. I saw The Vow (the boys something manly and stupid) and the following is a text convo between Vyc and I that speaks volumes about both the movie and my taste in cinema.
Vyc: How was the movie?
E: It was good. Not as good as Dear John, but still lots of fun.
Vyc: Glad u loved the move, altho the words 'not as good as Dear John' makes me want to beat u around the head with a heavy object!!!!!
We have been trying to pick a colour for the glass splashback in the kitchen.
and we have organised for all the glass to be fitted in the ensuite.
Lucy has been taking a few self portraits :-)
I bought a piece of canvas art for the kitchen... Its vintage fabric... I'm not sure about it.
I went on a project management workshop for my University job. My uni job is going well and if I could turn it into a full time position and never go back to GB's I'd be very very happy.
Our beautiful girl has been diagnosed with dyslexia. We are all trying to get our head around the testing, information and where she goes from here. She is coping well and its been great for her to see her test scores in some areas are off the chart good. Having a label like dyslexia can be a relief because she now knows her school grades are not because she is dumb or lazy but because she has trouble getting her knowledge on paper. The school has been fantastic and for the first time in a long time I feel ok about her going to the college next year.
I love it when George Clooney's coffee rocks up.
Bear has started the Rugby Union season. The training is insane and at the moment he is playing and training for both the school team and his club team. We have told him once the teams are picked etc he has to drop one (lest you think we are bad parents... he is training 4 nights a week and playing twice on the weekend... this isn't very practical when you throw in year 10 school work).
Lulu is an enthusiastic supporter.
Me aka The Taxi Driver. Truthfully this Taxi Driver is struggling (and not just with the taxi driving). I am off to see a counselor next week ... I might blog about it I might not because everyone has stresses and I am just trying to get some more tools to cope with mine. Coping with anxiety is probably my lifelong challenge... so onwards with that.
So that was Feb (minus our trip to Darwin and Joel's awesome birthday). I'm sure we did more stuff but if I didn't get a pic it didn't really happen ;-)
Hopefully March will be better documented!
11 comments:
I love the pool! It looks very refreshing!
Buying couches can be stressful! Somehow Julie and I managed to find a set that was the perfect balance between aesthetics (all Julie cared about) and functionality--how comfy was it (what I cared about). I hope we never have to replace those couches!!
That must be such a relief that your daughter has been diagnosed at least so that you can address the root issues. I hope that this makes things easier for her and for you and David.
Even though I'm not a mom, I think all moms have to go through the taxi driver phase. I think it would be really hard if I had to do it! I still remember my mom carting all of us (I am the oldest of 10 kids) when I was younger and it felt like some days I spent hours in the car at a time!
Hope you can enjoy some of Bear's rugby games this season too (in between all of the taxiing!)
Greg you need to clone those couches!
and the oldest of 10... wow that deserves a few blog posts... and are you and J going for 10?
Elizabeth--there's no way we'll ever make it to 10!
My mom, however, is a living saint.
She has the patience of Job and to me, she is the living embodiment of the following quote from Abraham Lincoln:
"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
I think that each of my brothers and sisters would also agree that that quote applies to my mom as well! =o)
Wow..so much to say. I died laughing at your comments about couch shopping and The Vow. I am dying to see the Vow and can't convince a date to take me. They all want to see boy movies and I refuse because they won't see the Vow. My Bday is this weekend and I am demanding that someone go with me!
I am so glad LuLu got diagnosed. Even though it is hard to know she has that...at least you have something to work with and understand why she was struggling. She is beautiful by the way.
I like the vintage fabric piece for the kitchen.
I bet you are a taxi service. I don't mind driving kids around but I hate making my little guys ride in the car or hours. Ug.
I want to come swim in your pool!
Love you & your gorgeous family, special hugs for Lulu,
Love
I got a good laugh about the texts about the movie choices. It sounds like a conversation that my husband and I would have :)
Um...I have to agree with you...a white couch would not be a good choice...
I need couches and carpet the color of filth...because that's what they end up looking like anyway.
I am happy for Lucy to have a diagnosis. My son Brian is still in testing and we don't know how to help him. I am so happy for her that she knows it is not because she isn't bright and that she tests well in a lot of areas.
Yay for gaining more coping tools!!! I have had lifelong struggles with depression and anxiety and it is such a relief to learn better ways to cope. Some days it is all I can do to not break down.
Lauren,
At present I have a couch and carpet the exact shade of filth you are talking about. My next couch will be navy or chocolate brown ... David just doesn't know it yet.
I am so sorry to hear Brian is struggling. Good good luck, I know he has brilliant parents who will help him and not give up.
I am also sending you a massive hug and squeeze across the web ... hope you can feel it and know that you make my day with your gorgeous comments and I hope you are having a good day today :-)
Big Love
Exxxx
First off, good for you for being pro-active with the whole counselor thing. Good, good, good.
Second, why can't it be summer here, too?
Third, looks like you guys are busy, busy!
Glad you posted!
You are so sweet Elizabeth! I totally got your hug!!
And a navy or a chocolate brown couch sounds perfect!
This is a great summation!
I laughed at your couch perusal because Chuche and I are the same way--very different tastes. But we make it work somehow and it is usually because I throw some kind of fit. :)
Lulu and Bear are both gorgeous. I'm sure Lulu is very relieved to know about her dyslexia; now it's just onwards and upwards from here.
Please keep us informed on how you are doing regarding your anxiety. You are in my thoughts...
P.S. Now I've GOT to see The Vow!
Post a Comment