Bear is nearly 14. It's such a roller coaster age. Sometimes I have conversations with him where he expresses mature and kind opinions that floor me. Sometimes he chucks a fruity that would put a toddler to shame. I was always scared of my kids becoming teenagers but so far it feels like most other ages and stages. Great days where you think your heart will explode with love for them and bad days where you want to sell them on ebay. Mostly I marvel and/or struggle to keep up with all that is going on in his world.
Yesterday he told me a story that went like this:
Riley " Oh Mum there are these two guys in my homeroom ... they are in Year 12 and they think they are so cool but they are gay"
Me: "Really gay? homosexual gay?"
Riley "No! Anyway they told Mr Penesi that me and my mate were smart arses.. and then Mr Penesi told us and we said yeah that sounds like them... Hahaha"
I have no idea what any of that means. I don't speak teenager.
Last year Bear received an Academic Excellence Award which meant we got to attend a Mass and award ceremony that was 4 hours long. This year he told us he would ONLY get another AE award if we didn't make him attend the ceremony. That is David's son talking. No way would I ever give up the chance to get up on stage and show off. He is also stubborn like David so there is no point arguing that the ceremony is a big deal (to helicopter parents like me). We agreed obviously.
No comments:
Post a Comment