Tuesday, February 15, 2011

This pedestrian life

When I first went to uni as a mature aged student someone told me I had a pedestrian life.
It took me about 30 seconds to realise it wasn't a compliment and then about 3 years to realise it was.

The most important reason for me to keep a blog is to have a space to dump the shite that travels around and around inside my head. Sure I could get an exercise book and a bic but the last time I looked I wasn't Jane Austen.


I have come to the realisation that I want to blog more about my family and friends and I am not always comfortable having it all out "there". Especially pictures and activities of Riley and Lucy (Bear does have a real name). Sure one day I am going to scrapbook all my 25000000 photos with meaningful stories and memories but as I have trouble peeling an orange before I juice it, I think I may be senile by the time I get to my retirement/scrapbook days. Blogging allows me to tell my story and keep my record and turn it into a hard copy book fairly easily if I want.

Two things have occurred with my blog that I didn't anticipate. One is meeting some really lovely people - people that I never would have meet in real life. I'm stoked that some of these gals have come along for the ride. The other consequence of having a blog is keeping in touch a little more with family. Although its a little (ok a lot) one sided so if you are related to me and Jacko you know who you are ... feel free to comment anytime. This blog is private now so there is only about a 70% chance some dodgy Indian is going to steel your identity from it ;-)

So why go private ... sorry its probably not the money shot you are anticipating.

It took a fairly innocuous comment on an old post from someone I once knew to make me realise I probably wouldn't tell this person a 99% of the goings on I post if I met up with them in the supermarket. So it was time to go private and have a bit of control over who is reading this content.

Unfortunately for you (my 3 invited readers) I live and love my pedestrian life so don't expect any exciting blog posts now that you are members of this exclusive little club. I save that for the Second Life avatar chat rooms ... JOKES!


So come back tomorrow or the next day or the next when I will post scintillating pictures and details of our Australia Day or my ongoing journey to cook and eat tofu or which exact shade of beige I'm picking to go with the other shade of beige for my new kitchen.



Exciting times I tell ya.

9 comments:

Jacko said...

Love you,
Jacko,
PS David's a very lucky man!

Unknown said...

Oh, you crack me up! Love the way you write and I can just imagine that it's the way you talk in real life too. I often wonder who is reading my blog who I don't really want to... but for now I'm taking that risk... You're so right. It is risky! xx

vyc said...

Am glad you are back, I missed stalking you online, I had to actually get my butt off the chair and stalk you in person.

Ooooh, does this mean I can swear in the comments now that it's private?

brooke said...

I'm so glad I still got the invite even though i didn't leave a comment on your last post. I've been out of commission for a bit--damn winter--damn sick family--we are going on two weeks...

I totally get why you went private. I think about it a lot. But when I go private--is it bad if I don't invite my husband and my husband's family? Only half kidding.

Amanda Gibson said...

Well, Dammit! I was totally expecting some sort of naked pictures or tales of dunken escapades now that you have a private blog!

Totally kidding, by the way. Thanks for making me one of the lucky invited people - and I'm really looking forward to all of your shades of beige! :o)

Amanda Gibson said...

Wait - is it still OK for me to swear in the comments section? I sure do hope so.

Angela said...

I love you and I privilged to be able to be a part of your thoughts.

Your thoughts often keep me sane on days when all I can say is WTF!!

Rachel B. said...

You are so cute. I totally agree with the things you said about having a private blog. I'm so torn about this very subject. I'm so glad to have "met" you and be invited to your blog!

Nicolee said...

luv it my darling friend!!!!!! luving doing this journey with you! mwah X