Stir Fry Brussel Sprouts (inspired by this book by Jane Kennedy)
Not my pic - I don't own nice plates.
Brussel Sprouts
Toasted silvered almonds or pine nuts
3 spring onions or 1/2 red onion
1/3 Cup lemon or lime juice
1/3 Cup lemon or lime juice
Cracked pepper
Tiny amount of oil
Boil the Brussels Sprouts for 4 mins or so (so they are still bright green)
Use small amount of oil to fry the spring onion.
When translucent add the drained Brussels Sprouts, nuts, lemon juice and pepper to taste. Stir fry for a bit to get a bit of colour on the sprouts.
That's it. You can also add bacon if you like with the spring onion step.
Carrot Mash
This one looks dodgey but taste great as a dip or spread on wraps or with veggie sticks or corn chips.
Carrots
Garlic cloves or teaspoon of minced garlic
Pepper
Lemon Thyme
small amount of oil
Roast on a tray all the ingredients until they are cooked and then stick all the contents of the tray into a food processor and blitz to a chunky mash. I add a bit of stock or water if its too chunky.
That's it!
I make both these dishes on the weekend and take them to work to have throughout the week. Both are really packed with flavour and the Brussels Sprouts dish I eat like a salad for lunch. You could add chicken etc to make a substantial meal.
I make both these dishes on the weekend and take them to work to have throughout the week. Both are really packed with flavour and the Brussels Sprouts dish I eat like a salad for lunch. You could add chicken etc to make a substantial meal.
Happy Vegging!


5 comments:
Elizabeth, these recipes look amazing! And that is definitely a better way to eat brussel sprouts. And anything with carrots are delicious. Are you vegetarian, or just wanting to eat more vegies? Whatever it is, I sure hope you make those regularly (and that your family love them too)... xx
YUM! I'm trying both of these!!
I'm leary but willing to give them a try. Please send some of your love of veggies my way. Why do I hate them so? I've never bought brussel sprouts in my life....I know.
Am definetely up for the carrot mash, but I don't care what you put with brussel sprouts - they are always going to taste revolting!!!! Thanks for the recipes!
It's funny how much people care or don't care for brussels. I didn't like em until recently. They have to be cooked right.
The carrot mash sounds good. I like mushy hot food.
Post a Comment