Thursday, December 16, 2010

Wanna buy a goat?


I ummed and ahhhed about posting this. But I figured that if one person reads and thinks its a good idea and is also in desperate need for a gift idea ... then it was worth all my other readers thinking I'm a tosser ;-)


World Vision Australia have a great Christmas idea where you donate some $$$ and they will put it towards items or programs people in developing countries need. Like a goat. Then World Vision Australia send you a Christmas Gift Card to give as a gift for Christmas. I probably am not explaining the concept very well but if the idea of giving your Mother in Law a goat for Christmas appeals ... Check out the website .


This year Lulu is getting a goat gift card and Bear a sporting goods for kids gift card. For our family its a fun way to spread the Christmas cheer and hopefully make a very small difference to others.

And the goat thing just appeals to my weird sense of humour.

3 comments:

Rachel B. said...

This is so cool! I must admit that a goat gift card sounds pretty funny and awesome all at the same time. Thanks for sharing.

Jacki said...

I think it's a great idea and I'm glad you posted!

brooke said...

this reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George is making donations in peoples' names to the Human fund.....hilarious. Do you guys get Seinfeld in Australia?

Anyhoo, great way to give back during the holidays--and important lesson to teach kids. I love it.