Was the O for "OMG Tourism Australia has spent a bomb on this shite?"
I get that promoting Oz to Americans is a good idea (would probably have been a better idea to do it 5 years ago when our dollar wasn't pounding theirs) but unless our wide brown land is going to move closer to the USA then the loooong boring cramped expensive flight from mainland USA to Sydney is never going to make us a viable holiday destination for middle America.
Australians live in South South Asia so maybe we should target the tourist dollar to our north.
No segue here. I watched this on the weekend. It was great. A very long time ago I used to go to the movies A LOT. Now I watch dvd's when they go to the weekly section of my library ... one day (in my twilight years hey Brooke) I look forward to seeing a movie the year its released.
Same deal. I watch a lot of DVD's when I cant sleep (actually I usually just watch Dear John over and over again but who would admit to that) and this one is worth mentioning. It's beautiful. It's heartfelt and funny and a gorgeous way to spend 131 minutes.
This is what real people really look like at a wedding. Thank you Emma Thompson.
Again no segue but its Christmas. The first year apprentice's Mum made these little beauties for the workshop. I ate most of them. I am going to try and replicate them for Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
From now on all first year apprentices will be employed on the strength of their Mum's Christmas cooking skills.
Other stuff.
* I have received three Christmas Cards. The Christmas Card is dead I tell you. This makes me cry ... I love Christmas Cards.
* I keep buying Christmas presents for the same people... and by the same people I mean me. I think I better stop its not a good look to be opening more gifts than your kids or Husband on Christmas Day. What can I say I'm a good shopper (for myself).
* David has taken the children to Wet and Wild water park with his family. I only have another 14 hours to hyperventilate over them killing themselves on the rides or in traffic. Its so relaxing staying home.
* What exactly does sex on the radio sound like Good Charlotte?
The End.







1 comment:
I've got to say, I had a little giggle at today's random thoughts. The "O" does look a little lame after you mentioned it. And those DVDs, hmmm, I must get me those DVDs. Oh, and merry merries to you and yours. xx
Post a Comment