Friday, December 3, 2010

and then my head fell off.

As our camera is still having a holiday in the city this is a random thoughts / ramble through my brain post.

  • I don't like this time of year. I start to get sad when school finishes and after school activities wind up. I know the kids are very ready for their summer holiday break but I am filled with melancholy at the thought of packed up classrooms and break up parties.

  • Its raining. I do not like the rain. Its been raining for a week already and the weather people say its going to be a wet Summer and Christmas. Awesome.

  • Bear has officially completed Year 8. He did well. David and I did well. I don't think he got his head flushed down the toilet (too much).

  • I am way too young to have a child in Year 9.

  • Last night I went Christmas shopping. I was not successful and I am starting to get anxious about the gift buying and giving that will be here in the blink of an eye.

  • No shopping completed last night but I have nice shellaced toenails. It was a present to myself.

  • Today at work I have had to listen to David go off at people on two continents. The German made machine in the workshop has stopped. Parts are coming ... from Germany or Italy. Not quickly enough for David.

  • I have discovered the Sushi Train at the plaza. I am in love with the Sushi Train at the plaza. I am trying to devise ways off getting back to the plaza to eat more Sushi Train.

  • Lulu put our Christmas Tree up this week. It looks hideous but it matches the rest of the house nicely. I didn't bother with my table pieces or Christmas decor. The house is a construction site and this weekend I am packing it up ... like taking all pics off walls and putting the bookcases etc into storage. The hideous Christmas Tree will be all that's left in the middle of the hideous lounge room.

  • I have a massive headache today (too much Sushi Train?) so this post is just a little bit crappy.

  • My friend Vyc bought the yummiest perfume last night. Whoever invented perfume really did the world a huge service.

  • Life is Good.

  • Life is very Good. Really.

4 comments:

Matt Hubbert said...

lol,,, wow and I thought my day was bad!!...hang in there Liz, im sure its all for the better

vyc said...

I can't wait until Christmas when I can start wearing that perfume .... thanks to you for recommending it, and organising to go shopping, our dinner at the Sushi Train, and our beautiful toenails. The 20 drunks yahooing at the end of our night was a nice touch too, thanks for that! Hope your head feels better and that tool belt man has stopped yelling!

Amanda Gibson said...

Well, I'm glad life is good. Way to look on the bright side. Life is always good with pretty toenails, right?

Holly said...

It couldn't possibly be the Sushi Train.

Sorry for the rain. We got 13 inches of snow last night!