Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Things I can learn ya

Don't ever say I am not a font of knowledge and this advice comes free so if you are cheap like me, pay attention.

  • If you leave a small roast in the slow cooker for about 10 hours it will shrink to about half its original size and look most unappetising. If you chop it up and mix it with a packet of roast meat gravy ... you can have roast rolls for tea. If you don't mention the slightly burnt taste of the roast rolls chances are other peeps wont either.
  • This is not my roast ... mine was worse.



  • If your teenager is annoying you with his teenage attitude take him to gym class with you. You will feel secretly thrilled when the instructor makes his muscles cane and he will be too exhausted/filled with endorphins to argue with you, fight with his sister or call his father unflattering names...for at least 6 hours anyway.




  • If you sign your child up for theatre classes don't be surprised when they turn into a drama queen and nick your foundation "because the theatre lights are making me look very pale" and make a list of demands each and every day like a true Diva.

  • If you are somewhat of a control freak and you plan a night out with your husband and it all goes to hell in a hand basket don't drop your bundle, leave your favorite restaurant before even ordering drinks and be home to relieve the baby sitter before 7.30pm... you will feel slightly ill the next day for acting like a 3 year old and you may have to apologise to innocent bystanders aka the husband.

  • If you have about 6 cold sores on your face and you are trying every patch cream tablet and miracle cure known to man don't be surprised when everyone wants to tell you you have "something on your lip". The girl at the newsagents thought it was "icing" ICING!!!
I feel ya pain Katie.



That is it for now... I'm off to put some more icing on my lip and see what time boxercise starts.

5 comments:

Rachel B. said...

All I ever needed to know I learned from Elizabeth's blog! Love the tips and you crack me up as usual. Also, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who throws silly tantrums every now and then. :)

brooke said...

I loved every bit of this and needed to laugh today.

Amanda Gibson said...

Well. Sounds like things are going well over there. Down there? Hell, I don't know the correct lingo.

Personally, I think we all need to throw a trantrum every now and again. I try to do it every couple months just to let everyone know that I really am CRAZY. Don't want to ruin my reputation by being all normal and non-trantumy, you know. Tantrumy? I think I just made up a new word.

Also, lip "icing" may or may not be the new THING. So maybe your on the forefront of a new trend. Ya just never know.

mummydiaries said...

I love the tips for dealing with a narky teenager - I will keep it in mind the next time my stepson back chats me.

I love the fact that you had a date night tanty - very funny indeed.

Unknown said...

Hehehe, your blog is so funny. I love this post!