Saturday, September 4, 2010

Sprung


Oh its finally Spring. Thank goodness as it was starting to turn into the Winter of my discontent. I'm so please to see some more sun (even if it rained for most of the weekend), have more time to exercise outdoors and wear other things besides jeans, jeans and ballet flats.
I'm also getting excited like an old person at the sight of colour in my garden.
To make it the best start of Spring evah my brothers band new Mrs came for a quick visit over the weekend. We took part in such cerebral activities like shopping and eating and a bit more shopping. Of course we found time to get some Hollywood toes done (well I did Cath and Krys got their plastic finger nails replasticfied).
Saturday night we lived large at the local Thai and ate our way through some very yummy food.
Sunday was Fathers Day.
The kids and I got Dave a new hedger, with which he proceeded to hack/hedge the poor lillypillies up the driveway. I have never seen someone so excited about a gift... boys are lame when it comes to wants. Who knew a hedger was that great.

Seems like this is saying hacked rather than manicured.
We hosted a Fathers Day breaky and Lulu cooked up some pancakes (focus on the cute kid with the pancakes not the craptastic kitchen). David doesn't really eat pancakes so its lucky that they are sone of Lulu's favourite food group.

As it was Dadda's Day, after the Breakfast guests left (at 2pm!!!) the kids and I let Dave partake in his most favourite pastime of all. Ripping up more of the house.
The demolishing part of the reno is coming along a treat... we cough ME cough cant wait to see some of the actual renovating completed.

5 comments:

vyc said...

Sounds like you had a lovely weekend, despite the rotten rainy weather! Lulu can come and cook me pancakes any day (does she brew coffee too?)

Elizabeth said...

Vyc: Oh she makes a mean cup of tea (and if you like your coffee v v v strong and sweet she is your girl cos putting in the sugar and coffee is her favourite part). Can you believe the sun decides to come out today!!!

Nicolee said...

for starters......HOW COULD ANYTHING LOOK HIDEOUS ON YOU!!!!!!!!!! ;)
and ...
so glad that spring has sprung for you.......can't tell any diff here! LOL ;)
looking forward to those renos being finished for you! mwah mwah

Jessica said...

It's kind of painful reading blogs in the other hemisphere...especially when you're heading into the un-fun seasons of the year.

I'll try to live vicariously through my favorite Aussie, okay?

Amanda Gibson said...

YAY for spring! We're just headed into the season you're happy to be rid of. Let's all hope we get a bit of Fall here before the snow lands.

Hey - I got the CD you sent me in the mail and I L.O.V.E. it. Thank you so much! And I promise I will be sending you a little surprise back - I just prefer to procrastinate first. That's just how I roll.

Thanks, again - you're the best!