A womble around my brain
- Ive hurt my neck.It is an ongoing thing and its more the middle of my shoulder blades than my neck. I knew it was going and I should have got some bowen therapy on it but I didn't and today Lulu and I were at the shops and she tripped up the step and I grabbed her and felt that all too familiar oh my neck twinge. By the time we got home I was ready for 2 nurofen plus and a little sit down. This post is bought to you by the good peeps of nurofen plus... should be interesting. The twinging spasming thing lasts about 4 days and if I exercise regularly and sleep well ( two things that didn't happen last week) its happy days again.
- Our laptop finally gave up the ghost and when to live with all the other superseeded technology in the landfill in the sky. My FIL gave us his spare (actually he gifted it to the children so when I try to get on it to check my emails and I linger longer than the children deem necessary, I am reminded that Poppie gave it to THEM). The lovely computer man who fixes all our work computers and has saved my technology challenged self a LOT is organising us a new one. Hopefully we get it this week as I'm not a sharer and the children apparently take after me. Just to keep it really fun the g on this laptop only works half the time. Its really ood...not.
- Nicole Kidmans sister is spruking breakfast cereal on the tele. I find this so odd. If I was a gazillionaire, my sisters wouldn't be pimpin out their breakfast cereal preferences for cash.
- We are going on a bushwalk tomorrow... If I'm able to stand upright with all the nurofen plus on board. We are enjoying our second long weekend in a row and the weather has been stellar so I'm making everyone (including my Sis Cath and my nieces ) walk one of the councils Great Walks. No one will be talking to me by the end of it. I cant wait.
- So far this weekend David has ripped up another third of the floorboards on the veranda and hammered up all the tiles in the kitchen. Its very safe to say my house looks a treat ... Normally I would be demanding to see the project timeline with dates for when the new floorboards are going down or what areas are being demolished next in this renovation that just keeps on keeping on. However I am strangely calm. I trust David and I trust that at some stage all my housing dreams will be fulfilled. The nurofen plus is also helping with the serenity.
- I picked Lulu up from Drama Club last week and she said "Mum did you know that (little girl in Lulu's Drama class) Mum is psychotic" "Um what does that mean Lulu" "You know she can see the future" "Do you mean psychic ?" "Yeah that one".
- I think this post is no 91 or 92... who knew I could post about me me me for 91 or 92 times... well I never.... I should or organise a giveaway cough reward cough for my 11 readers.
- Bear and I did the grocery shopping yesterday and man other people really annoy me (no surprise there to those paying attention). Bear was pushing the trolley around the stupidly small isles trying very hard to keep out of other peeps way (the place was busy). I went over to grab something and when I got back to the trolley Bear tells me that when an older couple went past him the bloke said to Bear "If you run in to me..." in a nasty voice. What is it with how people act around teenage boys... I see this all the time, everyone wants to come down so hard on them even when they are doing the right thing and pushing their mothers shopping trolley! Peoples preconception of how teenage boys act really irritates me ... especially because Bear and his mates and my friends boys are all such bloody great kids.
- I made Chili concarne for tea (my sister Angela taught me this when I was about 14 years old) its really just mince and a bottle of chili sauce with a can of kidney beans. Dave and I love it and the kids hate it ... and I just noticed Bear stuck two meat pies in the oven. I'm thinking I may have a lot of chili left over.
- Yesterday Bear and I went to the library and the video shop (which strangely only rents out DVDs not videos) and on the way he informed me that Justin Beiber was lame and that Tiger Woods was a loser for cheating on his wife. He was also wondering why Tiger Woods friends let him do that (the 13 year old mind is complex). He also suggested we don't make the heart symbol in public ... What The? Its a Justin Beiber thing apparently. I love it when Bear has a happy heart and is in a talkative mood.
- We are going overseas soon... and that needs a post all on its own as its the main culprit keeping me up at night. We need in no particular order : some luggage , money orders or foreign cash card, some airport transfers, new bathers (although Davids Rash vest is in pristine condition), a new hat (for me) (can you believe this is the shite that keeps me from sleeping?) new shoes (for Lulu) , Singapore Zoo tickets and two wedding outfits for David and Bear. And a Partridge in a Pear Tree.
7 comments:
Oh Elizabeth, I can always count on you to make me laugh and I needed this post today. I love the "shite" tht keeps you up at night. We are so alike!
Sorry about your neck! And the computer--may you get a replacement soon. I won't be able to live without your posts so don't let the posting suffer just because you don't have a working "g" on the keyboard.
Bear sounds like such a great kid. I hope my boys are just like him. What is with old people anyway? Why would they even say that to anyone--let alone an awesome boy helping his mom? You are lucky Bear is such a good kid. I think teenage boys are so funny too.
I can't wait to see photos of the bushwalk. I have no idea what that is but that is why I love your blog!
Oh gosh.. you make me laugh... I love that Bear is such a great kid! Glad to know there's some kind of hope out there for my girls's hubby's in the future... lol
And the Nicole Kid. sister thing, cracks me up. :)
Shelley
It's 2pm and I live a very short distance from you (strangely enough not close enough to walk - did you do that on purpose?), and it's rained MOST of today. Hope the bushwalk was dry and that your neck feels better for it. Also hope you proved them all wrong and that they all loved it (but please don't EVER invite me on one), x
I don't take travelers checks with us to Europe because they charge you a percentage to cash it, so u end up losing money! We just have the bank get us euros and take credit cards. How long are you in Japan for and what for??
...aaaahhh my friend, you are great !! love your posts, always brings a smile to my face.... I still picture you as a teenager saying...."check my nose Nic" LOL LOL LOL
you need to write a book!!! x x
Hi Baby Sis,
I have used my credit card at the ATM's(small limit)recently when I was in Bali with transaction fees etc it work out as cheap as a travel cash card. I just dump money on to it before I go. I did this in singapore and when I went to Portagal, London and Dublin recently. You much have a 4 digit PIN number for your credit card, for some reason they don't like 6 digit PINs.
Angie,
Thanks for the advice babe... I will send you our Credit Card details and you can dump the money in before we go ;-)
also
You have seen a lot of the world!
love you Ex
Post a Comment