One of the best things about my birthday was my brother Joel wrangling a work trip to coincide with a weekend with us! It was a fantastic surprise sort of... David actually had to tell me Joel was coming because I had organised for both Dave and I to volunteer at a school event ALL DAY Saturday so it was either tell me and spoil the "SURPRISE" or not tell me and watch the day go pear shape. I love this pic it sums up how Bear feels about his Uncle;-)
We had breaky at our place on Saturday morning and tried to get a decent shot of the fam (failed obviously).
Then I did some of my favourite things: watched other people work and read the paper.
We had a party that night and this is Cath and I doing what looks like an awesome rendition of "All the single ladies".
My niece DJ made my birthday cake and it was gorgeous... it had chocolate and cream and chocolate and strawberries and ... chocolate.
This is Lulu taking a spin (literally) in the dance floor assisted by Uncle Andrew.
Now this really was a "surprise". At about 4pm Sat afternoon we all decided to go for a walk around Cath's neighbourhood so we go outside only to be met by my Brother In Law Andrew coming down the drive. He had flown in from Far North Queensland where he works... for the weekend!!! He knows where the good parties are at ;-)
We did this for about the next 5 hours...
Until Cath and I decided that singing slow Powderfinger and John Denver songs REALLY loudly in Joel's ears was a great way to pass the time. Poor Joel.
Sunday saw us at the beach for a restorative cup of coffee and some sun sand and surf views. Bear of course was the only one crazy enough to go in the (freezing) water.
Sunday night was spent doing complicated maths homework... thank goodness for Uncle Joel as if it was left up to Dave and I to help Bear ... we all might still be doing it.
7 comments:
Looks like you had a BLAST!
Good for you!!!!!
Hope you got enough of that lovely chocolate :)
Shelley
Sigh, I miss you all!
LOVE Drunken birthday dancing and singing. Looks like fun!
Yeah for great birthdays full of surprises.
I LOOOVE John Denver (even sober!)
OK probably the most embarrassing thing about that pic is ... I am stone cold sober!
Ex
I don't know what I was thinking with my last comment. The picture of you is beautiful and you sooo don't look drunk. Please accept my apology!!
so glad you were treated like the amazing friend/sis/wife/mother you are!!!
I think I'm going to enjoy this being 38 bizzo! ;)
Post a Comment