Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Who Knew?

On Mothers Day I was having a lovely chat with my MIL and she was telling me how she got very cross at the lady in the bank because she messed her around with her Euros and Pounds travel money for her upcoming trip. If you ever met my MIL you would know that the lady at the bank was risking a good telling off by making her cross. Its my life's work to not make my MIL cross... luckily I get away with a fair bit and blame David for anything that I think is going to make her cross.

Anyhoo after her telling me all the trials and tribulations of getting organised to go OS I was secretly thinking I'm glad my family is just ducking up to Thailand for 2 weeks as Europe sounds like way too much hassle what with the volcanoes erupting and economies collapsing .... and then she says "when are you getting your shots?"
"shots? what shots? what are you talking about shots?"
Insert me looking like a chook trying to find its head.

So because I like to be helpful and in case you are planning a trip here... you need shots.


Of course because I like a budget and was feeling smug at having enough money to actually eat whilst we are away the shots are going to cost me about $600.00. That is a lot of manicures on the beach I tell ya.

Whilst we are on the subject has anyone reading this been to Phuket? and do you have any info you'd like to share with me... cos I love info as you know. I expect *crickets* but on the off chance that someones knows more than me about Thailand (you probably knew about the shots too) I thought I'd throw it out there.

Also if I'm chucking out information can I just tell you when you go to your Dr looking for a script for typhus and Hep A he will blindside you with two needles (tetanus and Swine flu) and you will be so overwhelmed by the fact that the Phuket shots are $600 bucks that you will agree to anything free and then you will have a sore arm. Free doesn't equal not hurting my arm now. Just so you know.

2 comments:

brooke said...

I love that you are just "ducking up to Thailand"--unbelievable!

I had no idea about the shots but I have received the Swine flu vaccine and a tetanus shot this year (the tetanus was for a pedicure gone bad--I'm not kidding!)

So I'm sorry you had to pay 600 bones for shots. Shots suck bad enough on their own and then to have to pay that much money for them really blows.

Amanda Gibson said...

600 bucks! For shots?! Holy moly. As if vacations aren't expensive enough as it is. We're leaving for sunny Florida next week - but we need no shots. Just summer clothes - hooray!