Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vyc was right

Yesterday saw the end of the gorgeous Autumn weather(warm days with sunny blue sky's) we have been having. Of course this happened because I planned a day outdoors. It was overcast when we got up but I was still making everyone do the great walk so we started packing up the car and getting the picnic together. Cath then phoned Dave and when I heard him say "Is it black ? Ok keep the kids and dogs away from it we are on our way over" I knew she had a snake in the house.




He caught it and sorry to all the animal lovers but as it was poisonous he chopped its head off.
We then all piled into Caths land cruiser and drove up the range for the walk. It was such a gorgeous drive and we managed to find a route we hadn't explored before. Unfortunately the rain that had been threatening all day decided to chuck it down when we got to the park. That combined with a overfull carpark and more humanity than I ever want to bushwalk with saw us all pile back in the car and head for home.


We had our picnic in doors at the table.

This picture cracks me up... Cath and I didn't even know Lulu was behind us until we looked at the camera! She looks like the picture is all about her .... so sneaky!


These two cousins are such good mates ... they are lucky to have each other and I hope they will always be close.



Now on to my husbands relentless need to dismantle our house. Here is my future bedroom walk in robe and ensuite. Obviously it needs a few walls and a floor.



And here is the tiny tiny kitchen without its tiles. Yes I have a door missing on my cupboard ... pretty soon I will have no doors at all.
So that was my attempt to get us all out and about in the great outdoors. Better luck and weather next time.

5 comments:

Duyvken said...

I also have a door missing in my kitchen. And a few pulls missing from the drawers. We'll get there eventually!

Holly said...

Fall??? What are you talking about. It's spring here.

What kind of snake was it? I can't even imagine living in the same environment as poisonous snakes! Exciting.

vyc said...

He owns a tool belt AND kills snakes. What a man!

Elizabeth said...

Holly we are thinking it was a red bellied black snake...and I know it is spring in your neck of the woods but its Autumn down under
:-)

Rachel B. said...

Ahhh to the snake! I'm glad it's head got chopped off. Ditto to vyc's comment...how awesome to be married to a handy man. Around here, Tom's in the kitchen while I'm installing light fixtures. Whatever works, right? And might I say, I am lovin' your hair dark. What a babe!