My chances of getting to the actual birthday celebrations are slim I tell ya, so Tammie and I flew to Melbourne to spend the long weekend with Niet (like a dodgy consolation prize).
It was fabulous in every way. We ate, slept, danced, talked, shopped, ate (again) and talked some more.
Our first night in Melbourne we behaved like lunatics let out of the asylum and partied until 4.30am. Yes that would be 4.30am. We went out to see a band and that's about all I remember. The band was good I think.

Looking fab Sweetie Darling.

Looking fab Sweetie Darling.
When we finally got our shite together enough to leave the apartment (helped largely by the eggs Benedict that Niet whipped up for us) we went to Brunswick Street Fitzroy. This was probably my favourite place in Melbourne. All the little shops were cute and arty (check out the lampshades and pillows behind the duds above) and I even saw the coffee shop where Nina met Dr Chris's wife for coffee (Offspring ... come on people keep up!).
We found a Vietnamese restaurant in Fitzroy and I had the best pho and wantons and real homemade ice tea. Tam wasn't feeling the best and nearly wolfed her cookies but as I had the best pho and wantons to be eating I ignored her groans and green face.
She came good in the end and we ended up sitting in the restaurant for about 4 hours talking. The waiters really liked us. Not. We knew it was time to go when the lunch crowd we came in with was completely replaced by the dinner crowd.
More pics of food.
Sunday we took the tram out to St Kilda. We had some more food.
And pretended to enjoy the waterfront. The wind coming off the Antarctic made it a little bit hard to stop and admire the view.
On Monday Tam and I made it home against all odds as all flights were cancelled out of Melbourne due to the ash cloud from Chile. Our airline was the only carrier flying and our route was one of the only ones being completed. I was glad as even though it was the best weekend I was ready to get home to the warmth and the fam.
Thanks Tam and Niet you duds are the best.
Ex

2 comments:
love your work lizzie! (just wish you could have photoshopped some of those close ups of my face)it's even colder here now, so you aint missing much but i am missing you guys even more now you've been and gone, so promise to not be such a bad correspondent in the future....niet
My kind of trip...what a blast!
Post a Comment