My Dad rang me last week and said that his brother was visiting and maybe we could catch up as my Uncle Alec made his way home. My Dad comes from a big family (7 boys & 1 girl) but after he and my Mum divorced we didn't see a lot of them. In fact the last time I saw my Uncle Alec I was 4 years old and he and his future wife Wendy were taking us to Luna Park in Sydney. Luna Park was like Disney Land to us kids and I remember sitting in the front of their car nearly exploding with excitement at going to the park.
Lulu was intrigued by me catching up with Alec... mostly because she wanted to know how I would recognise someone I hadn't seen in such a long time. All us Jackos look the same I reckon so I wasn't too worried ;-)
So we had coffee at the noisiest cafe on earth and it was indeed lovely to see him. I made a random stranger take a few photos of us telling them to make me look young and thin (epic fail on the random strangers part) .
After saying goodbye with a lovely bear hug (all the Uncles that I know as well as my Dad give the best bear hugs) we both agreed we wouldn't leave it another 34 years before we saw each other again.
2 comments:
Lovely your Dad is thinking of you often and alerting you to other members of the family. Gee would have been a LONG coffee catching up on 30+ Years!
Yeh, Good lo' Luna Park. Oh yeh, you know you had been an extremely good child if you got a trip to Luna Park! It was the unlitmate reward in my day! - Thanks for the memories.
My uncles are some of my favorite people. How fun to catch up with Uncle Alec when you haven't seen him in that many years!
I think the stranger did a good job making you look young and thin :-)
Post a Comment