Monday, October 4, 2010

Finishing in the manner in which you started.

We have all survived the school holidays... Hallelujah Brother.

Of course there was repeated requests to go to the beach. So we went for a few trips at the start of the holidays even though the weather was either overcast or raining :-(
We ended the holidays at the beach as well... proving that pester power works a treat on me.

Other things we got up to during the vast chasm of time known as the Spring School Holidays.


We went halves in a cow with our neighbour... the carnivores in the family were very impressed at the size of the T-bones.


People dressed up and sang (inappropriate) songs at the top of their lungs.



Other people got annoyed at other people taking snaps.


Fantastic Mothers took their children to the rollerdrome, except it has been turned into the roller icerink.


Good thing she never leaves home without that beanie.




Good thing Lulu's friend got the memo about it being All Star Day.



At the beach....

This is the face you make when you cant believe all your pestering has paid off and even though your mother and sister are sitting on the sand shivering under the picnic rug.... you are off to ride the waves!



It's a tall ship.

Some of the other activities the kids did over the hols:
A million hours of TV Watching.
A million 2 minute noodle lunches.
A few days spent with Nanna & Poppie (which felt like a million hours for a very relaxed Mum and Dad).
A million hours of annoying a sibling.
A tiny bit of paperwork filing for Mum.
A tiny bit of workshop help for Dad.
A few more hours of whinging about how long the holidays were!

4 comments:

House of Smiths said...

i love that your kiddo begs you to go to the beach, and you just freeze. LOL.
Boys are SO weird like that. haha!

And I love the beenie. Ooo... AND the shoes :)
Your kids are so pretty.
nuff said. :)
~Shell

vyc said...

Thank the lord they are over. Only 11 or so weeks until the next BIG lot. Am going to continue rocking in the corner!

Amanda Gibson said...

Fun, fun, fun! I sure wish we had a spring break here right about now! Glad you're kids had fun and that you didn't go too, too crazy! Crazier than normal, that is. ;o)

Rachel B. said...

I love how you write. You always make me laugh. I don't think All-Stars are ever going to go out of style. I remember thinking I was so cool wearing them in 7th grade. And I'm an old lady now. ;) I know all us crazy Americans say this repeatedly, but it is still so weird to me that it is Spring over there. How wonderful.