Lulu and I take off this weekend, Dave and Bear fly up closer to the wedding date 'cos 1. Dave loathes our hometown and is quite happy for me to do all the catching up before he sets foot in the place and 2. Bears school gets all shouty if you pull your kid out mid semester (and quite honestly for the amount we pay to send him there ... He needs to stay in school as long as possible to satisfy my el cheaponess).
This post could easily be titled "Poor Dave" because this is the shite "poor Dave" has had to put up with / listen to this week.
- My Wedding Dress (ha ha) does not fit... Crazytown has made me lose a bit of weight (just in the boobs of course !) so PD had to listen to me go from OMG I need a new dress to Its ok I will take it to a dress maker to have it altered to OMG the dress maker cant do it in time to eventually Its all good she took it in and I still have a dress to wear to the wedding. This conversation with dramatic arm gestures took place over a series of days . Poor Dave.
- I purchased some suitcases so we have 3 new suitcases and 1 old one. I KNEW this would cause "issues" for the children who both want a shiny new one. its not possible and I refuse to discuss it with them .... at all. In fact I think my sentence went "Speak to your Father he can work it out". This saw Lulu write a 2 page essay as to why she should get the good suitcase. Poor Dave.
- I have been waking up really early and making a cuppa and climbing back into bed to talk to PD until his ears bleed. This mornings convo was about how I was worried about the logistics of getting the 3 families (going to Thailand) up and out each day to planned activities. Basically my concern is what if peeps don't listen to me??? Or God forbid want to do there own thing??? Daves response was " So you are not worried that the other families will think you are bossy - you are worried you wont be the only control freak on the holiday and people wont obey ALL your instructions/ suggestions?. Poor Dave.
- PD has not only had to endure hours of talk about waxing, pros and cons of the spray tan, matching handbags to exact colour of shoes and dresses, the merits of buying a new strapless bra, what colour nail polish works best for the wedding (toes and nails) but give a well thought out opinion of each. Poor Dave.
Basically by the time Saturday rolls around and he deposits us at the airport Poor Dave will be so so so glad to see the back of me ... and who can blame him really ;-)
7 comments:
Poor Dave, my arse. He has the best wife eva. Except of course for the pretend wife he will have while you are swanning around hometown. P.S. Is it alright if I make him call me Elizabeth while I am, uhm pretending....
I have no sympathy for you losing weight (even in your chest). I have ginormous nursing boobs right now and would kill to lose 5 pounds in each.
Love that Lulu wrote a 2 page essay on why she needs the new suitcase. That's my girl. It's only obvious that Bear should take the old one. Boys shouldn't care about such things right?
Yes to the spray tan! My philosphy is orange fat looks better than white fat (though you aren't fat...just me)
I wish I could have been present for your conversations about strapless bras and handbags and nail polish and all the really important stuff about attending weddings.
Dave is a lucky man...
Vyc, when are you coming around would you like me to leave a list of my favorite meals for you to cook.
Dave
Vyc, 102 Posts and one comment from PD... to you. You go girl ;-)
Brooke, I so wish you were here so I could make your ears bleed with wedding prep talk. And you are correct about the orange fat and the boy suitcase thing. One last thing ...the trade off for ginormous boobies is Buster :-)
Uh, you lost weight and you're complaining? Is it backwards day or something? I'm really trying hard to feel sympathetic for you...LOL!!!
Poor Dave...no way!!! Our husbands OWE it to us to be there to listen to us vent. I mean, think of all we've done for them, especially carrying and birthing their children. Listening to us complain is the least they could do!
Why is it that when we lose weight, it is in our boobs first? WHY? I have plenty to spare on my rear end. My body can't see fit to get rid of some of THAT?
It's totally unfair. And definitely worth complaining about. That's why god gave us girlfriends and husbands.
And now blogs. :-)
...........and I'm hanging to see you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! x
well actually, you'll be on the plane now so won't even see this msge till after! LOL
Post a Comment