Just wanted to apologise to all the people who were in the general vicinity of Myers last night at the plaza.
Sorry if you walked past and witnessed me completely losing my shite with a 12 year old who will remain nameless (its Lucy ... I'm a dobber) in the perfume section. Sorry if you heard me screaming the following ... and I quote "I am not buying you a strapless dress to wear to your YEAR SEVEN graduation. Your YEAR SEVEN graduation involves a liturgy at Church and the nice priest from Maroochydore giving you a blessing... At no time during any of that do you need to be dressed like a hooker ... I repeat I will not be buying you a dress that makes you look like one".
I also apologise to any one who hung around long enough to hear my 12 year old state the following:
"Mum you are so gay. Everyone will be wearing strapless dresses AND I will be wearing one too".
After that I have nothing to apologise for because I left the shopping centre and drove home (with a silent and grumpy 12 year old).
A couple of things about this trip to the plaza:
It was miserable
Lucy will not be wearing a strapless dress to her graduation and I will win because I am the parent (and I have the money)
and lastly
It was miserable.
9 comments:
Hi Lizzie, Prhaps you should ask your sisters if this reminds them of anyone! Love you heaps, Dad
Ha love you too Dad!!! And your comment makes no sense...
Oh Lizzie I love you so much,
Don't you just hate that biarch named payback!
I think most of the parents that witnessed the scene wanted to applaud loudly for you and your incredible judgment...the only reason they didn't applaud was because they wanted to be able to hear Lucy's response.
Great job, Mama. Keep fighting the good fight.
Sorry it was miserable, though.
Awesome job holding your ground! Man am I scared for the teenage years! I am seriously impressed with you and sad that so many other girls' parents apparently don't care. Of course, I love how you still managed to make this post funny. :)
Elizabeth, way to stand your ground! My kids aren't that old, but I think it's important for them to know that they will never beat me in a battle of wills.
Lucy is lucky to have a "mean mom" who care enough to say no!
Keep up the good work!
You know I'm with you on this one. Nice job!
I love this so much. So so much.
I love this and i loved your dad's comment. Hilarious. I wish i could have been there to witness it in person! You are a great mama!
Post a Comment