The deal is to list things I am a fan of, and then not so much.
Lets go:
I am a Fan of Ben Afleck directed films.
I saw Argo on the weekend and I loved it. The man is a great film maker. Argo is a slow burn and by the closing scene I was gripping the sides of my chair. I love modern politics so the story behind Argo was interesting to me .... but its a great drama regardless of your interest in geopolitics etc. But I am going to go on record and say: as fab as Argo is - its no The Town.
The Town is hands down the best of Mr Afleck's work - and he has a way better hair cut in The Town than the 70's shag of Argo.
![]() |
| Not a fan of the 70's shag |
![]() |
| Mos def a fan of both Ben and Jeremy
|
This TV Series was made by the peeps who made The Wire ( I am a fan of that too). Generation Kill is derived from the book written by journalist Evan Wright, who was embedded with a group of Marines during the first assault on Baghdad in 2003. The series has some of the best dialogue I have watched on TV, second only to The Wire. If you liked the Hurt Locker (or The Wire) you would probably enjoy Generation Kill. Be warned the Marines have no handle on political correctness (I was a fan of that too).
I am a fan of The Gaslight Anthem's new album
I was introduced to TGA by my mate Bruce Springsteen. Both hail from New Jersey and sing a lot about the human condition. This is TGA 4th Album and its making a bit of a splash in Oz. Maybe they will tour here and maybe I will drag Dave along to see them... stranger things have happened.
OK as I only seem to be a fan of American pop culture perhaps its best I move on to what I am not a fan of.
I am NOT a fan of Lame School Photos
Check out this shocker! Both Riley and Lucy's school pics were crapoloa this year. I have no idea what they were both doing to their hair but I am pretty sure they never left the house with the tragic hairdo's both were sporting for the $50 money shot.
I am NOT a fan of Sunrise at 5.15am. Why is Qld so backwards? The rest of Australia can cope with daylight savings and yet here in backwardsville we have sunrise at 5.15am and sunset at 6.30ish. SO DUMB. It would be a dream come true to have sunset at 7.30pm ... even for just part of the year.
I am NOT a fan of Sharing my perfume.
Because I am thick, I could not work out why all my perfume was disappearing. When I caught Lulu in the act of using my Chanel like deodorant ... the penny dropped. I am also not a fan of choosing a new scent so please tell me WHAT'S YOUR FAVOURITE PERFUME? I love Issey Miyake and Ralph Lauren Romance ... but I would also love something new and different ... so leave me a comment!
and here endeth the whinging. Tell me what are you a fan of (or Not)?





.jpg)
10 comments:
...Am a Fan of the cooler nights now that Fall has hit Southern California.
...Am Not a Fan of Election Season here in the U.S. I'm ready for the politicians to leave us alone with their dumb ads and name calling and go back to doing what they do best--nothing. :-)
PS--I need to go see Argo. I'm glad you liked it. I'm going to make sure it's on my list of movies to see.
I've never heard of Generation Kill (do they have that here in the States) or Gaslight Anthem.
I agree that school pictures are awful and awkward! I have a ton that I don't ever want anybody to see!
I don't even buy school pics for my kids anymore...how is that for a crappy mom?
I am dying to see ARgo..glad you gave it a thumbs up.
Sunrise at 5:30? That is sick. The sun doesn't come up here until about 8. Seriously...I could use it somewhere in between.
i Am a Fan of you being back to blogging!
And I am lost on the perfume front. I like Angel but my mom wears it so it is probably old ladyish. I also like Daisy my Marc Jacobs but to be honest, I don't wear perfume..gives me a headache. I only wear Lovespell "perfume" and body cream from Victoria Secret. I have worn it for like ten years.
I am a fan of you blogging again.
I am a fan of not having to study any more
I am not a fan of 40 degree C heat that we are having at the moment!
Where can I get Generation Kill?
Love you
I like this idea. Not going to share all my likes and dislikes here but it is quite a list!!!! Has Darwin Babe been born yet? SV was in Bali wend before last so could have got ya a duty free perfume had I known!
I am a HUGE fan of your blog. :)
I am not a fan of how expensive Legos are...I know I have whined about that before...but with Christmas coming...I am not a fan of a freakin' toy that makes you worry you have to take out a second mortgage on your home. (First World Problem, for sure.)
I am NOT a fan of school pictures either. I can take unflattering pictures of my children anytime...for free.
I am a fan of the fact that Celia is having twins!! I am so delighted for her...even though it is so hard on the body. Poor girlie.
I am a fan of losing weight...but I am NOT a fan of being on a freakin' diet.
That 70's shag of Ben Affleck's is an awful lot like the nasty mullet I sported just days ago.
I love perfume! I love the Marc Jacobs scents Brooke mentioned. I also love J-Lo's Glow, her very first perfume. It's one of my favorites. I really love light musky scents. Glow has a hint of citrus and vanilla, too.
I also love Armani Code for women. Also, I love some of Carolina Herrera's scents. But those that I've smelled and loved were all ones not sold in the U.S.--so maybe they're available where you live!
I'm coming back for these posts!!!
I wear Ralph Lauren Romance, too! It was a gift and honestly it grew on me the more I used it.
And I LOVED Generation Kill! Blake and I just watched it together. Made him reminisce on his Marine Corps days. Another good mini-series The Pacific. It's about the Marines invading Okinawa. :)
Post a Comment