Thursday, November 22, 2012

Riddle me this...

I have opinions and I have questions, this post is a bit of both because I need answers so:
Lets Go

Inception


I am the last person on earth to see this film, I put off borrowing it from the library because I thought I would be too dumb to understand it and thus confirm what I have always suspected. Huh turns out that I DID understand it and it WAS a great movie ... but the end was lame. Part of the reason I enjoyed it so much was that I had to concentrate on it (and I was sort of smug that  half way through the DVD I wasn't completely  LOST)  but I thought that for all its cleverness, the ending was predictable and flaky. Do you agree?  

 
 
Sister Wives
 
 
 
I have just finished reading a book about the above pictured women all being married to the same bloke. What the?
They also have a reality tv show (that I haven't seen) so I guess its all above board but really ... why?
The book is a corker in that they are all pretty snarky with one another (the wives that is) and they don't actually even live together anymore. I wouldn't call that multiple marriage or polygamy, I would call that family dysfunction. I know some of you may actually have a bit more insight into these peeps (in that you live in Utah, not that you have 4 husbands lol) so what gives? Is there a lot of sister wives out there or is this family just making a motza out of being different?
 
 
Sibling Rivalry
   

Why do my kids fight like they are honestly cant stand one another? They are driving us batty right now. On Saturday afternoon Lucy was gone for 3 hours to her friends house and Riley was like a different person. He smiled and talked and was so amiable, but the minute I picked Lu up they both started  behaving like toddlers. We have since separated them at the dinner table ... like we did when he was 5 and she was 2, its ace.

Don't be fooled by their smiles... they are just thinking up ways to torment their parents.


 
 
 
 




The freight train called Christmas
Its coming for me and I am not ready ... I say this every year and I never learn to plan /stress more efficiently.


The commercialisation crassness called Christmas
There is a shop at the plaza that has a huge sign painted in its window that says


"Cant be stuffed??? Get a voucher"

Words fail me... Every year it seems we get further away from the tenets of what we are celebrating and it makes me feel sad (and old).




Blood noses (at 2am)
Lucy suffers from blood noses (she gets it from her mum)we have been to a few Dr's and a specialist because it can be full on and take her out of class etc.  The specialist told us it was going to get worse around puberty and yes that would be correct. Most nights for the past week she has come into our room because she cant stop the bleeding. Ice packs on her neck seem to help a little bit.  Last night she wandered into Riley's room looking for a bit of help/compassion/ an ice pack. He starts screaming and her -I'd say he was half asleep but still he carried on like a pork chop and then we are ALL awake at 2am. Plus I had blood to clean off both Lucy and Riley's carpet. It wasn't ace at all. 




Lastly I just finished reading this book

Still Alice  by Lisa Genova



and now I am petrified of getting Alzheimer's ... and  going batty and not knowing I am going batty ... you get the picture. Just one more thing to worry about!




6 comments:

vyc said...

Just a day inside your head is all im asking. Ill bring my own fairy floss (luv ya), x

Em said...

There is so much to comment on! But I'll just choose one thing:

So the sister wives guy hails from the hubster's home state and a lot of his family knows them. His uncle grew up with the guy. I should clarify and say that although there seems to be a lot of polygamists parading around various Western states, these guys are mainly making a motza out of being different.

The funny thing is that the Sister Wives tv show did a special episode where they went back to their hometown. Chuche's family was called upon to be involved, interacting with the sister wives and sort of welcoming them back into their old community. (why???? idk.) It didn't turn out so well for Chuche's family though thanks to reality show editing and producers. His uncle came across sounding like a total bigot, and his aunt was quoted saying she wanted to be one of them. (she was joking.)

Elizabeth said...

Oh Em that is hilarious !!!

Greg said...

I agree that Inception was a really good movie. I loved that not only did it have good action, but it also had an engaging plot.

Sister Wives. There is no explaining that show or those people. Why any woman would choose that guy is beyond me.

Sibs. I hate when my two boys fight with each other as well. Nothing drives me crazy like they do when they squabble.

Christmas. I'm trying really hard to simplify my life this Christmas. I'm not sure if I'm succeeding or not!

Alice. I saw this book at Costco the other day and thought of this blog post. I think I may put this on my reading list...did you say that it was actually good?

Happy (Belated) Thanksgiving!

Lauren in GA said...

Well, I haven't seen the show Sister Wives...but I have heard that they feel that they are Mormon...but they aren't because of the fact that you can't be a member of the church (official name of church: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, nicknamed Mormon) and have more than one wife. I agree with Em, though...they must be making a "motza" (I learned a new word from you ☺ You know how I love that! )because living a polygamist lifestyle is more common in some parts of the United States than one may think.

Oh, Sister friend...I sooooo hear you on the fighting thing. I have to pull my boys off of each other VERY frequently. One time my friend asked me if I was considering enrolling my boys in the new Karate studio in our town and I told her something along the lines of, "I think Karate is a wonderful discipline...but they already try and kill each other...do I really want to give them the tools to finish the job."

I can't believe I am so behind on reading your blog. I LOVE your posts and so appreciate the way your mind works.

...I totally laughed at your comment on my blog about me being all, "zen" about the band not being televised. Oh, yeah...I was totally in a zen state of mind *cough* I LOVE you.

Rox said...

I was also disappointed at the end of Inception! I've watched it again and still don't know what I'm watching (dream or reality?) at the end!!