We went to see the Wallabies play Wales (Rugby Union) in Brisbane this weekend. We went with Nick and Trace and the kids.We took the bus from Chermside... and as luck would have it Chermside has both an Irish Pub AND a Macca's ... Kids and Husbands very happy.
The Cousins
The Wives
The (Blurry ) Mighty Cauldron on Caxton Street
We got complimentary yellow wallabies jumpsuits with our tickets. Most people wore them (including us) and it was a sea of yellow for the boys.
I love how my Sis in Law still manages to look stylish whilst wearing a yellow jumpsuit AND eating a stadium burger !
Bear is nearly 15 and deep into looking and being LAID BACK ...this is as excited as he gets (even though the Wallabies are high on his list of heroes and tough guys).
Dave and I, on the other hand have no problem cheesing it up.
Poor Wales ... they play really well and gave the Aussies a challenge but ultimately went down. The Welsh crowd are big on singing and chanting and as they were singing out "Wales" Lulu and her cousin B were singing back "Fails"...
The Husbands
The next day we visited the biggest shopping centre on earth (well it felt like it). We ate excellent burgers and the boys went to the Movies.
Then we drove home to a very cold, windy and wet Sunny Coast. The End.
5 comments:
That pic of you and David is so cute. You two should have been on the Kissing Cam for sure! (If they have those at games there!)
I feel so close to you, Elizabeth. My Evan is 14 and turns 15 in July...I have a lot of, "looking laid back" pictures of him these days.
I love your scarf and boots. You look fabulous.
Yes, and how does one look so stylish whilst wearing a yellow jumpsuit and eating a stadium burger? Please tell your Sister in Law that a housewife from the States said, "Do tell."
I love the sign on the wall at the burger joint.
Love the jumpsuits and love the fun family trip! Your kids are so photogenic!
Hey . . . . Did I miss something? Where are all the Birthday photos????
What?? The entire stadium gets free jumpsuits? I live in the wrong country!
Your game, family, and food all look fun and divine. I keep thinking how your summer looks cold and crappy...then I stop and think it through. :)
Post a Comment