Monday, June 4, 2012

April (Fools) Sumation



The fool is me! For waiting so long to post April's recap. I so love blogging but am finding my time to actually do it dwindling, after sitting all day long on a computer (and working flat out) coming home and jumping on our laptop doesn't happen. I need a few good hours and some awesome Internet capabilities to collide... still waiting for that. Anyhoo on to "what the Brooks did in April 2012". 


We attended the beach memorial and walk for Matty. This was good for Riley and I hope Matty's parents gained some comfort  from the tangible proof of how many people were touched by Matty in his way too short life.


I took the kids for breakfast after the walk. The weather was glorious.


My endless quest to furnish the renovated sections of the house continues.
Suddenly all the colours and fabrics I liked ... I hate.
Renovators fatigue?
Budget constraints?
First World Problem?

This is how my kids eat a cake. They don't like the edges. I don't like them (when they do this).
Lulu and I went to the plaza and had Sushi (the kid drinks too much coke... bad parenting for shizzle).
The boys were having a quiet chat and reflecting on some issue (it was back in April people)

of course it turned into Alpha Male domination ... I could devote a whole post to this subject but I will save us all by saying that David and Riley's life motto at the moment is "NEVER EVER EVER EVER GIVE IN" It's ace except its not.
We went to the beach as a family and watched a trawler get stuck on the bar (it doesn't take much to amuse us).
We spent some of Easter with Mum and Brian. Feasts were cooked.

I did one of my favorite walks around their area. I love the hinterland hills.

Someone beat someone at pool (I wasn't paying attention I hate pool).
People played cards (until people decided to go have a sleep and other people stepped in and played cards).

Mum always cooks someones favourite. This time Poppy got Creme Caramel.


We headed home early ... for the most exciting bit of dirt moving!

We had a chap come and dig out the side of our driveway hill and create a parking pad and retaining wall. It's so so so good.

We also had some school holidays thrown in to April. I took the kids to the beach where Lucy locked my keys in the boot. RACQ turned up to rescue us, except it was actually Riley who had to do all the hard work (small strong arms or something).


My work had a blue day. We all had to bring blue food and dress in blue etc. This is Lulu holding a cupcake one of my colleagues made. Its cookie monster! Some people are so creative. I made blue cupcakes ... boring but it filled the brief.

Lu is doing really well at school with her spelling and reading (as in she is trying her hardest and having a really good attitude). She sat for NAPLAN testing
I probably wont even open her results :-) She printed this quote out to stick on her pin board.

ANZAC Day saw us down the coast for breaky.
You know when your toddler starts to chuck a really big tantrum and you quickly snap a pic to show them after how silly they look? (No... oh well that was just me) The pic below is the teenage equivalent lol.

We hung out at the beach for ages and the kids both ended up swimming. They even started smiling.

David put together a new ramp to the new parking pad (have I mentioned how much I love that new parking pad? and that old husband?)



Back at the beach ... wow we did the beach a lot in April! The kids begged me to take them but the weather wasn't great... hence I was under a towel and they were in the water (if you beg me to take you and then don't swim you have to walk home lol).


and that was the pics for April. It felt like  we mostly  worked on the landscaping, party preparations and paving so I am glad that the pics have us doing a few other things too.

7 comments:

Greg said...

Elizabeth, I have posts from last fall that I still dream of completing...Not that I think that anyone besides me even cares at this point, but I'm glad you did the April Recap! :-)

Your pic and comments about cake eating habits in your family were pretty funny! I'd definitely eat the edges...especially because yellow cake with chocolate frosting is considered a rare delicacy in our family.

I also laughed at your picture and caption about the pool game!

The new parking pad looks really fun! Congrats on getting that done!

Rachel B. said...

Totally there with you and Greg. I still blog fairly often, but not nearly as much as I used to or would like to. Something about being wiped out after chasing 3 kids around all day. I loved that you still recapped. I say it's never too late.

Oh, and happy late birthday! Shame on me! Woohoo for 40!

brooke said...

I love the pic of Bear pouting...this is why I love you so much!

Em said...

I love these recaps because you seem to live such an exciting life. Maybe because you live in Australia--even a parking pad seems cool and exotic. :)

I love that Melons/Dyslexic pin of Lulu's. So funny!

And that creme caramel and the pie next to it looks soooo good!

Lauren in GA said...

Sorry that I'm late to comment. We have been out of town...and once we got back...the re-entry into everyday life blew up in my face.

I loved this post. I just love your dry sense of humor.

That is so wonderful that you all did a beach walk for Matty. I feel for his family and for his friends.

I laughed at your asking, "First world problem?" Not liking the colors to choose from is a big problem in my book.

I am SO GLAD YOU POSTED ABOUT ALPHA MALE DOMINATION. There is always someone wrestiling around my house. Evan (14) and Mike (41) are always locked in some sort of hand to hand combat. I agree...it ain't aces. Sometimes I have to step over wrestling bodies. It bugs.

I know I always say this but SERIOUSLY...your kids are so great looking. They are beautiful...er...sorry, Bear...I meant handsome in your case.

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, and I forgot to tell you that I LOVE that picture of you and Lucy at breakfast. You look sexy in your shades, girlie.

Elizabeth said...

Greg, Post about last fall (I wanna hear all about it)!
Rachel, Thanks Babe.
Brooke, Hope life is going ace for you and the kidlets.
Em, I just left a me me me comment on your Mita post. You rock by the way.
Lauren, I love you (in a totally non creepy way) and please post about your trip out of town. Sorry re entry was hard.
Exxxxx