Every December is the same. So much to do, so many expectations to do it well and so much $$ to spend.
This December has been trickier with me working full time and the kids on school holidays ... but today is my last day for a few weeks so that is very very good.
This year for the first time EVAH its just the four of us for Christmas Day. We are so lucky and blessed and spoilt as we always go to my family or my inlaws for huge Christmas Celebrations (that last for days). But my sister Cath has gone north, my sister Ang is in the top end, my baby brother Joel and Krys are spending it with Cath & Andew and my MIL has gone to Sydney... taking all their food and cheer with them :-(
I am a little worried that my Christmas dinner will be lacking compared to Andrew's or Pauline's... so I have planned a Christmas day of fun (breakfast beach lunch pool dinner pool leftovers bed) in the hopes that no one notices we are the loneliest peeps on earth hehehe. I am also REALLY looking forward to seeing my Dad and Jan and Vyc and the boys after Christmas for a wonderful get together.
Anyhoo I took these pics and it sort of sums up whats going on around here in the lead up to the big day.
School hols makes you get crafty.
Bear has been a great help in the garden (yes he is still wearing his cricket uniform). He doesn't love mowing and whipper snippering but he does love the $ he gets for it.
I practised a Christmas favourite - Trifle. Its David's fave so I will make it again Christmas Day.
Also thank you to everyone for saying nice things about our family pic. We went to Cath's for tea and I made everyone sit for a million shots. I turned into my Aunt Rob and everyone was cranky with me (in both families as I made Cath's crew sit for one too). Most looked like the one above but we did manage to jag a good one.
So I hope your Christmas plans are going well - what are you up to? Are you organised? Do you flip out regularly about all the "stuff" left to do?
ps The blog title today comes from a little convo I had with David when I was telling him how I feel like I have a huge rock on my chest squashing me when I think about all I have to do before the 25th (mainly work stuff). His advice was to let him inspect it to see if he could move it for me... (as my kids would say ... grotty!)
6 comments:
You are super women no matter how unorgansied you think you are. I love that kitchen - WOW I am soooooo jealous!!!
Offering to inspect my chest sounds like something that my husband would do!!!
Yeah...I'm pretty much stressing out...but it I'm trying to remind myself to find joy in the maddness.
I just found another phrase of yours that I love. You called it, "whipper snippering" and I think we call it, "weed whacking".
That trifle looks fantastic!
I love the new family pic too...and I know how you feel about the rock on your chest! Here's to hoping that you can get some "R&R" (rest and relaxation) over the holiday!
Hi! Me again! Saying you are so dang funny and I love when I catch up on your blog every month! Merry Christmas! (And it totally stresses me out, too. I kind of don't understand why everyone loves it so much. And you KNOW I really believe in the Birth of Christ and love Him and all that, but the actual holiday season: SO SO not fun for the mom.)
Whipper snippering is my new favorite saying!!!!!!!!!
I love your lingo--grotty, whilst...the list just goes on and on.
Yes, I'm always unorganized. Yes, I flip out. Yes, I still enjoy the day.
Happy, happy New Year to your and yours!!
Post a Comment