Oh June 2012 how I hated you, let me count the ways...
But first to the good things that happened.
My niece DJ came to stay with us as her Mum had horse camp with Georga. DJ has an apprenticeship as a chef in a tavern & restaurant and she works split shifts. She got her drivers license in July so until then she needed lifts to and from work four times a day. It nearly killed my poor sister Cath, and hence why we needed to babysit and take over driving duties whilst she was away.We LOVED having Dana Jo. The first night we had tea at the tavern and the next day she came home with the entire desert menu. We were all set for her to bring home the entire entree menu when Cath pulled the plug on horse camp (due to torrential rain) and picked her up... RUDE! And just like that our personal chef and Bear's bestie (I really must do a post on DJ and Bear one day ... they share a "connection" and are so close its something to behold) Anyway it was so fun whilst it lasted. Came back anytime Babe.
| Chocolate Mousse, Lime Cheesecake and Sticky Date pudding |
The only other good thing I have photographic evidence of for June is Lucy's school project on Eygyt. This project sums up what is great about Lulu. She did it all herself, all her own ideas and well before it was due in. She knew her friends parents where building Taj Mahals (mixed metaphor alert!) for their kids to hand in - and get better marks than her no doubt, but she didn't care - she just got on with it. The project ended with her class going to Brisbane to see the Mummy Exhibition at GOMA. All she had to report on the exursion was the bus ride was too long and they had lunch too late... no mention of the amazing artifacts or history on show!
Now to the whining and whingeing part of the post. I struggled to get myself through June. If you have no idea what that wankerish statement means ... I guess it means that for most of June I was sad, frustrated, lonely, tired and a little bit despondent. I cried a lot (cos I am a loser) and I struggled to see all the great things and people in my life.
So why? (we all love the details). Nobody who reads this will be surprised that all my issues were First World Problems and that a teaspoon of cement was needed on a daily basis to harden the freak up in most cases.
Firstly I was just sad that my family and friends weren't around me. My birthday was so good because I got to see them and hug them and then just like that they were gone... I hated it.
Then my iphone camera stop working because it needed updating or some such thing... why oh why am I so crap at technology and why oh why do I live 100km from a capital city and cant get internet access faster than dial up? I hated not being able to take pics everyday. I hated that we have no access to wifi, I hated that the ereader I was given as a gift from my GB's doesn't work at home and I cant read Nie Nie's book (that I paid for) and I hated that our laptop decided to die at the same time.
Then the reality of my job kicked in. I went full time at the University at the end of May. I also moved on to doing some higher level "stuff". Yeah that is one big old can of freak out at times. Anyone who has ever had to learn a new organisation's rules and regs as well as actually get some outcomes from your job knows how tiring everyday is. For the last ten years I did a job I knew back to front for a company I knew inside out... that is a very comfortable zone to be pushed out of. The other thing about being in a new position or being the new kid is that you have no street cred or good will. You are asking strangers for info or requesting work from peeps who don't know you and certainly don't want to add another thing into their busy day for you. I reckon I will have every one on side and the policy's worked out about a month before this project winds up ;-)
And finally David started ripping out the last of the rooms upstairs that are being renovated. June saw us back to living amongst the chaos. It takes a bit of getting use to and I grieved a bit for my tidy and quite house.
This is the bathroom minus its floor.
Anyhoo that was the pathetic mess June became, thankfully July has been lovely. We celebrated Lucy's 12th Birthday, had a weekend in Witta and caught up with Cath and Vyc. All is right in the world.
Ex
2 comments:
I love you!, what else have you got to worry about :-)
I'm sorry that June was so lousy. You are not a loser, though...depression is not your fault. I understand what you are saying, though...when I'm depressed I get mad at myself...
I'm glad that July has been better :)
Sorry that DJ was stolen away early :) She seems like a gem.
I was thinking about First World Problems just the other day. I should have e-mailed you because I learned that term from a previous post you wrote...I would like to add the cost of Legos to my ever growing list of First World Problems. How could a TOY that requires assembly (almost all day long, which drives me crazy having to help rebuild my kids' creations all day long because they play so roughly) cost SO STINKING MUCH?
Rant over ;)
Post a Comment