Saturday, August 7, 2010

Thoughts and opinions of the random kind

People who should go and sit in the naughty corner and take a good hard look at themselves:


  • The Sunday Paper that plans to detail other complaints Kirsty Fraser -Kirk has made in her previous employment. This has bearing on Mark McInnes behaviour how? My opinion is that unless Kirsty liked to have a bit of a whinge she would never have taken her sexual harassment case to her supervisors in the first place and they in turn would never have told her to harden up and deal with it. She is never going to get the $bazillion she has sued for and she probably knows this but she has succeeded in getting this guys behaviour and DJ's pathetic response into the spotlight. It annoys me that the Sunday Papers think her claim is diminished because she has spoken up about issues before. I would love a detail account of the kind of bullying and sexual harassment Mr McInnes is said to have done (I did read on one blog what he is alleged to have said to her and it was vile) oh hang on that could be taken as a smear campaign. The bottom line is everyone regardless of gender, age, race or sexuality should be allowed to work in a safe environment without discrimination or harassment.

  • Mr & Mrs Smith. Willow Smith is 9 years old she doesn't need a stylist and she doesn't need her parents telling her she needs a stylist. Are Will and Jada trying to create the next Lindsey Lohan? I have had a 9 year old ... they need a few nice pieces of target clothing when it comes on sale and 5 school uniforms.
  • Kevin Rudd. Julia Gillard must be wondering who she is actually fighting in this election 'cos most days it isn't the Coalition. From all accounts KRudd has an ego the size of China so he was never going to take being dumped well. Now he is like that guy you dumped in Year 9... immature and petulant and each day comes up with new ways to embarrass you at school. Labor were hoping to capitalise on Julia Gillards honeymoon period as new PM and I suspect they thought with Tony Abbott as leader the Libs and Nats would be an easy win. The first weeks of the campaign illustrated this with Labors softly softly approach and stage managed debate and policy announcements. Enter the biggest blabbiest elephant into the room. If Labor does manage to lose this election (I'm not sold on the fact that the Coalition have done anything to win it) then KRudd should hang his head in shame and bugger off to Sunrise Beach with his bloated parliamentary superannuation payout.

Things that have made me smile or laugh or generally feel good:









  • I have started using one of the handbags I bought in Thailand. (If you go to Phuket the multilevel department store in Patong has one whole floor of shoes and handbags ...one whole floor ).

I was feeling very Nancy Botwin with my new handbag until I overheard this little convo.


Bear " Lulu where is my dvd?"


Lulu" In Mums bag"


Bear "Where? What Bag? " (why cant boys ever find stuff?)


Lulu" In Mums bag... the new one ... the one that is mould coloured"


MOULD COLOURED!


I did laugh at this even if my handbag choosing ego was dented ;-)



  • I got me some Hollywood toes yesterday. I picked a winner with the colour and the girl who did them said about 3 words the whole time. I call this a win win win. I even bought the colour I loved it so much.








  • I may have fallen in love with David again yesterday (no this will not be anything like a NieNie post ( a blog I adore in case you think Im being snippy cos Im not ok). He suggested a trip that involves him and the kids being away for a few days. Should I be embarrassed or get (more) counselling because the thought of having a few days on my own makes me deliriously happy? Don't answer that if you think I'm a bad mother... I think I'm a bad mother most of the time I don't need the comment box to think so too.

  • I discovered this http://misconline.blogspot.com/ . Well I discovered it along with every other reader of Mamma Mia but still I want to think I'm special and unique.This girl is funny and the blog is so irreverent it sort of makes you smile in spite of yourself.

  • My sister sent me this link and it made me laugh ( and waste a lot of time ) so enjoy!

7 comments:

Amanda Gibson said...

Pretty toes! I'm with you - great color.

And no, you're not a bad Mom from wanting a bit of a vacation from the family. We ALL need a break every now and again - and it makes us BETTER Mom's for it.

At least that's what I tell myself! Love he mould colored bag, by the way.

Jessica said...

I picked a bad toe color AND my pedicurist(?) talked too much in very hard to understand english. Lose lose.

I love the bag. The color and the strap.

Holly said...

Great. Now I'm going to be up making graphs all night.

Helene said...

I love when the person doing my pedicure doesn't say a word to me. I've actually gone for massages where the freakin person talks the whole time...WTF?? I went there for relaxation and quiet, not conversation!!!

If my hubby suggested taking the kids away for a few days, I'd be giddy...over the moon. So I guess we can both be bad moms together!

Jacko said...

Re: Rudd & Gillard, I cannot reconsile the 70% of voters (according to the meeja) who bayed for his blood - Kevin07 to Krudd in 4 months, then cry crocodile tears when someone with an eye to the election taps him on the shoulder. If Costello et al in 2007 had summond up the balls to do the same to Howard, the Coalition may still have been in power. My 2 cents.

Elizabeth said...

Dad, I too shake my head at the outrage over KRUDD. The Labor Party has plenty of form for dumping its leaders. I think on the Howard issue that the Libs were dazzled by his previous popularity and failed to see just how well Krudd turned a good media image into votes. (Rove anyone?)
Love you
Ex

Annie Vowles said...

Hi Dizzy Lizzy

Love your BLOG, can not get enough of it each and every day. Had no idea so many random thoughts were running through your mind. Liz, do you not have anyone to talk to????

Hang Bag story, hmmmmm, I always thought Lucy Lou had good taste. Did you not consult her at time of purchase?

Totally agree and understand purchase of nail colour. Good choice and looks great with those "knock about - in and out of bed" pants!!!

David is the perfect Dad and Hubby. BUT a year is a very long way away so . . . . did you get it in writing?? :)

Luv your work.