We thought it would be clever to take the kids into the city to have a look at a much raved about art exhibition.
Unfortunately we were stupid to wait until the last weekend it was on as everybody else had the same idea.
So we just looked at the other exhibits and try to nod at the right time and generally appreciate a bit of colcha.
You know on "The Office" when Michael Scott is playing with the talking computer and getting it to say "boobs" ... David was waiting patiently for the naked lady to pop up on the installation so he could take the picture. Mature much?
Paintbrush anyone?
This was me trying to get a shot of the bookshelves David produced for the art gallery shop. If you live in my state this is where your tax paying dollars go to die. These shelves costs a bomb as they have a luxlight material that puts out light ... only the art gallery shop doesn't turn them on. The designer and David convod for MONTHS about these shelves and all for naught. Oh well I'm probably the only one fascinated by that.
6 comments:
Noooo. I'm sorry you missed the exhibition, next time we will just get better organised (and pick a time when you are not o/s for months) and go together, without the pouting teenagers! I'm going to check out those book shelves next time .... Dave might need to give me a lesson on how to turn on that light though!
Have you ever seen the movie Spinal Tap (where the quote that is the title of your post comes from?) If so, we are soul mates. I love that movie.
Your family does "colcha" like we do. Sam and I have none. Last time I was in NYC, our group went to musuems and I shopped at the world's biggest Macy's.
well Lizzy.....looks like lotsa life is happening in your part of Oz.....just maybe not so enjoyable at times hey!??!!???? lol
so glad you didn't fall through your floor and die by peg.....can't imagine that would be a quick way to go?! ;)
...and Bears hosp trip sounds....well typically BOYISH!!!!
thankfully we haven't had too many of those...and don't want any more either....surely there must be a cut off date for silly accidents & boys??? hmmmm
take care my friend, no more tea serving to your hubby...sds like a pampering trip is needed for you!
mwah mwah {love your writing...keep it up!!!} x x x
Ha! This title made me laugh before I even read the post! Sounds like a great/chaotic time :).
Did you really have wine with lunch? If so, you're my kind of gal!!!! I would'a needed some wine after a day like that!
But you know what, you all made the most of it and that's what your kids will remember!!!
Pretty manicure in the drinking picture.
Post a Comment