Saturday, January 19, 2013

The July Summation


The obvious problem with neglecting your blog is trying to remember what happened months ago. Be warned I will be making this up as I go along.
I think I took this pic as tangible poof that the kids sometimes play nicely together.


We went to Cath's for tea and realised Bear had grown about 10 centimeters!



The other thing that happened in July, was that I finally caught up with Vyc for some quality BFF time. Never under estimate the restorative  power of  a pedi with your bestie. It was beyond brill.


July is a big birthday month for us with the kids, two of their cousins, Pauline  and Tracy all celebrating birthdays in July. 

Lucy turned 
12!



Pancakes for Breaky 

Lamest Woolies bought cake eva.








As always Lucy got to pick what was for tea (I think she had San Chow Bow) and we sang happy birthday.  




A few days later Riley turned 15!

 These people are awake! (I suspect the person taking the pic wasn't). Riley is opening his gift from us ... a very sporty flash watch that he had picked out months earlier.



Making a wish after blowing out his candles.

Bear also picked his favourite tea - chicken paramagiana .


One of the reasons the kids birthday celebrations (on the day) were so low key, was that David and Riley took Lucy and  3 of her friends to the Gold Coast (Dreamworld) for the day.  This was a huge deal not only for the cost but because we had to borrow Pauline  and Brian's 7  seater  car. I opted to stay at home (I told David that this was MY birthday present for the next 5 years) but looking at the 500 pics Lucy took (most of them selfies)   a good time was had by all. Riley did mention that he wasn't keen to be stuck in a car for 2 hours with 4 girls again anytime soon... we'll see. 





2 comments:

Em said...

I wish I had a bestie to go get a pedi with! My bestie is my sister who lives two (practically three b/c TX is so large) away. It bites.

Happy birthday to Bear and Lulu!

Lauren in GA said...

You look so cute in the pedi picture :)

I am thinking that one day (and not far off) Riley won't mind being stuck anywhere with four girls.

Happy belated Birthday to your fantastic kids.

I laughed at how you said the people in the birthday picture for Riley were, indeed, awake...but most likely NOT the photographer.