Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wherever we were going, well we're here



I am determined to do a post before July ends!
Winter school holidays came and went without too much activity. We are going away for the whole of the September school hols so the kids  had to stay put and amuse themselves this time around. They did a few sleep overs and we had their friends to visit. We also did one trip to Mooloolaba Beach.

Poor Dave fell asleep watching tele ... so I took a pic of him for Instagram :-)


Whilst Riley was in Northern NSW for his Rugby trip, we took Lucy out to Breakfast. The food was to die for and I am still dreaming about the maple Cinnamon butter they put on the pancakes. 


 The other (stupid) thing that consumed July was our couch purchase. We were always going to buy a decent leather lounge as part of our renos. In fact the catalyst for starting the renos was having a decent size lounge room to the fit the couch in!
 Of course parting with a small fortune for a dead animal covered piece of foam nearly did me in. I stressed so much about it... it wasn't until the day before the 25% off Sale (just had to sell one kidney not both) finished that I rang Annie to ask her to tell me what to do. "Do it" she said so we did. Now we just have to wait 5 months yes that would be 5 months for the Italians to finish their Summer vacation and make our lounges.





This is the colour we went for. I am so over mocha and chocolate and navy and this lighter colour was not cream or beige or yellow if that make sense. Now can everyone please find me cushions, throws and a rug to match it all... thanks.

My beautiful neighbour (who has 3 month old twins!) started selling free range eggs, now if she would just start selling milk, bread, veggies and meat my life would be ace (and I would never have to go to Woolies again). 

Lucy and David went to the cinema to see Man in Black.
and Dave continued the demo for the new bathroom, toilet and entry.

Lucy helped by painting the walls before they were demoed.


Well that was a few things that happened in the first half of July. The second half we had both the children's birthdays and a trip to Movie World. At this rate I will be blogging about Christmas in the blink of an eye.
Take Care 
EX

8 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Oh, my goodness, Elizabeth...your humor makes me burst out laughing. I so love how you called the couches a, "dead animal covered piece of foam". It really is true...and then I burst ouf laughing again when I read that you, "just had to sell one kidney not both". You are hilarious!

Unless, of course, you were being serioius...*gulp*

Lucy looks beautiful on her date night with Dad to see the movie.

dementia said...

and you expect the couch to stay that colour? ho ho

brooke said...

I love the couches. I am so glad you didn't get brown leather..I am so over mine!

Em said...

Too funny. I love the couches you chose; those Italians better get a move on. I love the color. You can decorate with any accent color, too, it is so versatile and classy. It will always be in style.

I am soooo hungry for maple cinnamon butter pancakes!!!!

Robin said...

You always make me laugh. I'd love to follow you on instagram. My instagram is robinsjoy. .

Rox said...

You should follow me on Instagram, username: mrstuckshow :) :)

Greg said...

I'm so jealous that you're just coming out of the dead of winter and the beach still looks so warm and inviting. Our don't look that good!

I can't believe that your couches will take 5 months to arrive??!! But they do look comfy!

The Mostess said...

I LOVE the couches. Our outside couches HAD to fit the two of us while we lounged. We absolutely love them. I hope you're not betting on the Italians getting them on time. Every time we go to Italy, they're all striking.

Free range eggs! Lucky!

I'm so excited to see the progress in your house as the demo continues!